March included a bit of madness for me. No, not of the basketball variety.
I went through a round of internal investigation on the not-so-small topics of “Who am I?” and “What am I doing here?” Yes, I’m the coach known for guiding others to recognize and prosper from their Brilliance. Still, I too need to periodically revisit my understanding of my Brilliance, how I choose to prosper from it, and how I communicate it to my community.
So I took some time to review. I started with my results from two terrific self-assessment tools: the Kolbe A and Strengths Finder 2.0. With this data in mind I revisited my personal SIQTM, the simple-but-powerful framework I originally created for expressing my Brilliance during my post-MBA job search and now teach to my clients and students. The SIQTM answers the question, “What are your top three Skills, Interests and Qualities that you most want to apply in your work and life at this time?
Here’s mine, updated:
- Inquiring and synthesizing to spark insights, empowering people to be at their best.
- Guiding individuals to recognize, embrace and effectively communicate their authentic messages.
- Connecting Brilliance-Based Businesswomen and Careerwomen to essential resources for expansive growth.
- Personal development and best practices of successful high-powered, heart-centered leaders
- Assessments, technologies and management systems that heighten productivity
- Personal narratives and negotiations
- Lovingly honest
Looking at this again today, a few weeks later, I’m quite pleased with my revised version. I’ve let go of some elements that defined me for a long time that just don’t feel crucial to my purpose anymore.
Now I’m curious. Knowing me as you do, how does this set of SIQ points strike you? Keeping in mind my rule that we’re allowed only 3 skills, 3 interests and 3 qualities, is it accurate? Is it missing anything critically important? Is it clear? I’d love to hear from you via email or the comments below.
Do you recognize your own Brilliance? Try the SIQ.TM. Want expert support to articulate your Brilliance? I’d be honored to serve. Request a time and we’ll connect!