Each month our Brilliance-Based Blog Panel shares their perspectives on questions I pose to inspire Brilliance-Based Businesswomen and others who support us.
My panelists’ responses this month literally moved me to tears. I hope you’ll breathe in the fabulousness of these special women as you read on, and that you’ll add to the dialogue by commenting below. Today’s question:
As Brilliance-Based Businesswomen, what are three things you appreciate about yourself at your current age?
Bryn Johnson – Bryn Johnson Consulting
What a fabulous question to reflect on!
And yet, I am forcing myself to answer from my heart in this moment and not overanalyze what the best answer might be, if there is something I missed, what “should” I be answering… (one thing that has not let up at all in my years of experience on this earth is my tendency toward perfectionism- ha)
- I am in the best physical shape with the healthiest and smallest body I have been in since college. WOW! My health is my priority these days because without it, well into my 40s, I cannot sustain the dreams I have for myself over the next 60 years!
- My world is surrounded by the most remarkable people- true lifetime friends, family, collaborators, clients, acquaintances, neighbors- all who appreciate me for ME! Who love me for ME and I love them for them. The unhappy, negative, “glass-half empty” people have all been extricated from my life and this allows me to live in joy and possibility all the time! I can create the “family”- the “community” I want- not just take what is handed to me or think if I choose it at one point in my life that I am “stuck” with it.
- I am only me. All the time. Life, love and business. Spend a little time with me and you will see. It is all about what brings me joy and can infectiously bring joy or truth or support to others as well. And sometimes it is just plain unconventional. Not ashamed to say I love the Muppets, to cry over a Terry Fator performance, country music, actual books (not an ereader), snow storms, office supplies, strong coffee and would have a million rescue animals like a “crazy cat lady” if I had the room in my apartment.
Stefanie Frank – Initiative Based Writing®
The older I get the more I like myself! The three things I appreciate most about myself at 44 are:
My career experience
I had 14 years of litigation and advocacy experience when I started my copywriting business. That translates into tons of persuasive writing experience, handling clients from high-end, high-maintenance CEOs to owners of the mom and pop business down the road. Copywriting is all about persuasion, advocacy and building relationships and I use my legal experience every single day I’m in business whether working on my business or in it.
My athletic ability
I couldn’t swim a stroke until I was 38. Now I regularly swim 1.2 miles as part of half iron distance triathlons. Oh and I couldn’t bike or run either. Now I get faster and more confident every year. There’s tons more ability my body can unleash – I just need to let it happen.
Neither of the above two would be possible without being in a marriage that is supportive. During good, bad and in between times I know I can count on bringing my best self into the marriage on any given day and my husband does the same.
Heather Dominick – EnergyRICH®
Three things that I’ve come to really appreciate about myself at my current age are:
- My ability to look back, as I do in self-reflection, to all the different times in my life where I could have seen something as “failure.” I now am able to choose to see how I was actually able to defy limitations and create the life I’ve always dreamed of.
- My ability to consistently manage my energy in a way that lets me stay connected to my inner guidance so I am able to take inspired action forward.
- My ability to understand the need for and then commit time to have consistent self-care (personal trainer, high-level mentors, healers and mastermind colleagues) and to incorporate many vacations or weekend get-aways with my husband & loved ones throughout my year.
Jennifer Zwiebel – A Place of Joy®
As I head into a whole new decade, I find myself thinking more about my age than I ever have before. While I’ve had a few moments of terror (like reading Oprah and realizing that I will now never be featured in one of their fashion spreads as a wildly-successful-something under forty), I’ve had much more joy as I discover the gifts of age. Here are a few of my favorites:
- It may sound like a big, fat cliché, but I have to say I suddenly feel like I pretty much don’t care what people think anymore. Wait—let me rephrase that. I’m no longer letting other people’s judgment, criticism and snotty comments stop me from doing what I want. That’s pretty awesome.
- I’ve realized that our choices have consequences, and that’s just the way it is. Therefore I no longer waste time trying to manifest fantasy scenarios in which everyone is happy and nobody is disappointed—it’s not possible, and it’s a huge drain. Instead, I look at the options and just do the best I can.
- My priorities are a lot clearer. I want to spend time with my kids. I want to do work that ignites me. I want to love my home, my body, my life—and I can. I can let myself deserve good things now or wait for someone else’s approval (which will never come). I’ve started choosing “now,” and it’s been a lot more fulfilling, surprising and fun!
What do you most appreciate about yourself today? Can you see all your beauty and brilliance? Gratitude leads to more goodness to appreciate. If you don’t know for sure what makes you absolutely awesome just as you are, email us to arrange a brief one-on-one chat, my gift to you.
Stefanie Frank is an entrepreneur, triathlete, and lawyer who lives, works and trains in southern Nevada. She writes website copy and content for lawyers, business coaches, and service professionals who own small businesses.
Stef creates continuity between what her clients want to achieve profit-wise and what readers of the content want and need to receive in order to buy.
She also helps clients put together and use solid professional service agreements that help build lasting client relationships.
Stef is currently training for Ironman Boise 70.3 and the Ironman 70.3 World Championships in Henderson, Nevada. Learn about Stef’s business: http://initiativebasedwriting.com/ and follow her training: http://ramblingbydesign.blogspot.com/
Jennifer Zwiebel is the founder of A Place of Joy®: Inspired Organizing, Systems and Solutions for Business, Home & Life. Jennifer specializes in helping creative individuals move from overwhelm to clarity, clear out their inner and outer space, and design solutions that bring ease, joy and prosperity to their businesses and lives!
Discover the secret that’s been transforming lives everywhere, one miracle at a time: www.aplaceofjoy.com
Heather Dominick, EnergyRICH(r) Entrepreneur Success and Master Coach, is the creator of the EnergyRICH(r) Entrepreneur Success System and EnergyRICHcoach.com, a company devoted to teaching healers, coaches and heart-centered entrepreneurs around the world how to partner Universal Energetic Principles with practical step-by-step “How-To’s” to joyfully make more money in your business so you can better serve the world.
Through her EnergyRICH(r) Entrepreneur Success System, Private Mentor Coaching Programs, and products, Heather shows her students how to transcend lower-level energies like fear and doubt to be able to build their business from a place of serving, joy and abundance. Get started right away with your free EnergyRICH® Success CD: http://www.energyrichcoach.com
Bryn Johnson spent 20 years in Corporate America as a passionate leader of high-performing teams and endless multi-million dollar projects. ONE of her many secrets for success? Her ability to take complicated, often impossibly overwhelming information, and to quickly make it simple and fun. She is now bringing that same passion for planning and collaboration, along with her laser-focused implementation strategies, to her clients and broader online community. Visit Bryn at http://www.brynjohnson.com.